What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebooks.....

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Need some help, is there a way to download ebooks onto a computer, ......I went into iTunes and got an app called eBook search, it is in the iTunes on my laptop, I found the book I want in iTunes but want to download it to my laptop not my iPad can I do that, the book is 14.99 so don't want to muck it up and waste the 14.99. I have no idea how to even start .....

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there is no way to read a book you purchased in the iTunes store on a computer. Apple has not released a desk top version of their e-reader app, iBooks. And, most, if not all of their books have Digital Rights Management (DRM) coding on them, so they can only be read by Apple devices. So, the only place you can read an iBook is on an iDevice. Sorry.

Marilyn

GD1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anybody know any website to get free or less expensive (than 13.99) ebooks, besides those free books like Dracula, Alice in wonderland, Federalist paper, etc, ?
i used to buy used books for a couple $, now reading became so expensive.
Was wondering if anybody reads any more or spends a fortune?

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You should also check out your local public library. With membership, you can borrow books from the library and read it on your iPad. My library uses the Overdrive app.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Look for free kindle books and free nook books.

Just google either and explore the suggested sites.

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Another good site for freeebooks in various formats is
www.free-ebooks.net

I get 5 books a month for free (now and again doubled to 10), or you can pay a monthly or annual fee and get unlimited downloads

Last edited:

clkabuto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
epubbud.com is pretty awesome too. tons of free books in epub format.

Most reactions

Latest posts