What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eBook form Amazon Kindle store . . .

michael180

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to purchase a book from the Kindle store. But I want to be able to read it on my iPad eBook app. If I download it directly to my iPad it will only show up through the Kindle app, which is not a good as the iPad eBook app IMHO. I would like to download it to my Mac.

Any suggestions?

nursedina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a kindle MAC application so you can read it on your mac but not on your IPAD unless you use the kindle app for that. I have Kindle for MAC and it works well on my computer

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPads ibooks app is only compatible with epub and Amazon's ipad/iphone kindle app is only compatible with their amz file ( which is a DRM mobi file). So you can't buy a book on kindle and read it on ibooks.

Your options are to see if ibookstore sells the book you want, and then you can buy it from them and read it in the ibooks app, or you can buy it from Amazon and read it with the kindle app.

If it's an open domain book then download it from one of the multitude of free book sites in the epub format and then sync it to ibooks.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
The Kindle app works great. Get it for free from the app store, then you can buy books from amazon and they will be on your iPad in seconds.... It works just like a kindle whey you are on WIFI......

Sincere11105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I first i was like kindle on the ipad is bad. But its good to have both to compare prices on it.

Most reactions

Latest posts