What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E mails not being received

Pat64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi, I have always updated my I Pad but cannot now receive e mails but can on my pc. I checked settings and have the right address and password. I know this is an elementary question. It can you please help. Many thanks, Pat

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Although email address and password are right:
Remove the account from your iPad and set it up again. In many cases this is the method that will help with problems with an email account.

If this fails to solve the issue: what's the email account that's not receiving emails (Outlook, Gmail, iCloud, ...), and is it set up as POP or IMAP account?

OP
P

Pat64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks. Will try. Best wishes. Pat

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I'm having the same problem. Mail.app said it was unable to connect with Gmail (IMAP), though I had no problem seeing Gmail in Safari as webmail. I deleted the Gmail account, which took quite a long time to complete, and added it back. Now, Mail starts with no mailboxes, freezes for a minute, then quits. Soft and hard reboots did not help. Also over 5 GB of storage is now missing from the 6 or GB so I had free yesterday, according to Settings. On my iMac, iTunes says there are over 9 GB free.

image.jpg

Last edited:

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Update: I deleted enough music from my iPad so I could restore it from backup. That fixed the apparently-corrupted Mail app. I never cease to be amused by the discrepancy between the storage usage numbers in Settings versus those in iTunes, which are also different every time I check them. Sometimes the bar graph in iTunes changes before my eyes, when I'm doing nothing else.

Most reactions