What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E-Mail Deletion

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unfortunately iCloud moved all my old e-mails into my iPad and I wish to clear the store and only have the latest e-mails. I can't seem to find any way to do this and would appreciate help. I have found the edit and can delete about 40 + at a time, but there are thousands from my PC.

Bearing in mind that iCloud will sync my e-mail account with my PC regularly, will the deletion from my iPad be a wast of time when I do not wish to delete from my PC ?. This iCloud seems a very basic program and perhaps I need to get rid of it before getting too far in.

Alex

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If I understand your problem right, it's easy to solve:
Go to "Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendar". There you can choose how many mails you want to be shown (last 50/ 100/... mails).

OP
Alex101

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Jo,

thanks for that, which I didn't appreciate but have now seen. I guess I will have to put up with seeing the last 50, as that is the minimum, but I didn't want to see more than say 10 as mostly I deal with my mail on my PC. I have been deleting loads, but obviously no use in my particular circumstances. The system could have been more adjustable, but we can't have everything.
Alex

mlaurencg4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iCloud email uses the IMAProtocol (IMAP). Therefore:

1) you can organize your emails into folders (mailboxes) that are identical on all devices subscribed to that email address (service)

2) deleting a message from inbox one device results in it being removed from Inbox on all devices subscribed to that email address (service)

3) moving a message from inbox to another folder (mailbox) results in it being located in that folder (mailbox) on all devices subscribed to that email address (service)

4) you can remove (delete) one, several or all messages from the iCloud Inbox using Mail or Outlook (Mac), Outlook on Windows, or by logging into your www.icloud.com through a web browser on any platform and choosing Mail.

Most reactions