What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DVDs to IPad?

sgtcasey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to add this to the list but I've been using DVD Catalyst 4 for a few weeks now and it's been great. One-click ripping of my DVD's into mp4 format. They look great and play perfectly on my iPad1.

Google for 'dvd catalyst 4' and you'll find their website.

Dave

Ruthie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, it worked with AnyDVD and CloneDVD - got free 21 day trial, so shall have to download my favourites. Thanks for your help. Ruth

ledu0304

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used two softwares (handbrake and video wizard). Both work perfect but I have foreign dvd with subtittles and they don't convert its.
Someone can help me.

Tks

Jfinx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been going crazy with my DVD collection and have been doing the following :

1. Use DVD shrink to grab it off the DVD
2. use handbrake to rip it to mp4
3. Save it to a folder that is set for air video app.

Been streaming to my iPad for the last week and I can save room now on my device.

Now since it's mp4 I can swap movies in and out on my iPad at will.

Also, if you can setup your own hosta.domain or IP, you can stream from anywhere.

Loving it.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

pawnslinger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using DVDFab. It works good for Blu-ray too. It can be a little tricky, and is on the expensive side... but you cannot beat the results. Also, it is fast (my biggest issue with most programs).

I have even used it on Region 2 Pal DVDs --- I used AnyDVD to handle the region removal chores... they play really well... I like a lot of stuff that can only be found on Aussie or UK DVDs, and this method works wonderfully.

iCan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jfinx said:
I've been going crazy with my DVD collection and have been doing the following :

1. Use DVD shrink to grab it off the DVD
2. use handbrake to rip it to mp4
3. Save it to a folder that is set for air video app.

Been streaming to my iPad for the last week and I can save room now on my device.

Now since it's mp4 I can swap movies in and out on my iPad at will.

Also, if you can setup your own hosta.domain or IP, you can stream from anywhere.

Loving it.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

What's the quality like streaming? Depend on the wifi connection? Ya wouldn't be able to stream on 3G..?

What's the capacity like? Can you put as many DVDs as ya want using air video then just stream them?

Heard it being talked about but wasn't sure how it works etc?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts