What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DVD + Win7 + iPad = ?????

mlfca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New to the iPad (Overall to Apple) and I have simple question. (I think) I did some light searching and found various answers but no A-Z.

I have a DVD (Movie) in hand and my computer is running Win7 and I want to get the movie to run on my iPad.

I know I have to rip the DVD to my hard drive then move it to iTunes which can then move it to my iPad. If I rip it to my hard drive is should be Mp4 not AVI?

So my question is, can someone list what software I need to do the above steps? Free is good but I am willing to pay for software.

Thanks.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I prefer Handbreak. It even has presets to rip and convert into whatever format you prefer. I rip a full quality copy and then convert them later to iPod,iPad,iPhone..ect.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I prefer Handbreak. It even has presets to rip and convert into whatever format you prefer. I rip a full quality copy and then convert them later to iPod,iPad,iPhone..ect.

When did they make a Windows version? Wasn't it mac only? Def recommend Handbrake! Awesome app!

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also use Handbrake to reduce it down to use on the iPad or iPod. It takes a really long time but works great. Set it up before you go to bed and by morning you can drag it over to itunes to sync with your pad.

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You do realize that you have to decrypt the dvd first? I use DVDfab8 to decrypt. They just upgraded so you could do Airbender. The other programs you pay for (DVD copy etc) but the decryper is always free.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You do realize that you have to decrypt the dvd first? I use DVDfab8 to decrypt. They just upgraded so you could do Airbender. The other programs you pay for (DVD copy etc) but the decryper is always free.

I used to use DVDFab it was a great program!

grampus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Use SnowFox.
Haven't tried any others.
You select the titles from a list.
It converts it to MP4, and places it into Itunes for you to sync.
The file remains on the PC, but I found that once you have placed the file on your IPAD, you can delete the file from the PC.
But leave the entry in ITunes, then it won't delete it off your IPAD.

Being a novice at this, I haven't found a way to place the complete DVD menus etc down.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score

When did they make a Windows version? Wasn't it mac only? Def recommend Handbrake! Awesome app!

Yes, it's multi platform now. Here is the link. HandBrake

Most reactions