What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dvd to ipad with dvd menus?

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI all hope I have put this in the right section.
I have a few DVDs I would like on my iPad, I've never copied a DVD before so was just wondering if It's possible to copy a DVD put it on the iPad and still have the DVD menu and full function of the menu at the start of the movie.

If not possible has anyone been able to connect a DVD drive to an iPad with the CCK?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm...that's a good question. I have not personally uploaded DVDs to my iPad, but had with my droid tab and it didnt show a menu. Maybe, it's all in the app?

Hopefully others will chime in...I know hat Gabriel1 has done this for his iPad...so maybe he will see this also.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Hmmm...that's a good question. I have not personally uploaded DVDs to my iPad, but had with my droid tab and it didnt show a menu. Maybe, it's all in the app?

Hopefully others will chime in...I know hat Gabriel1 has done this for his iPad...so maybe he will see this also.

I'm not aware of any way of maintaining the menus for use on an iPad.

The Archangel

OP
therealriley

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've read up a little on it and found if you copy a DVD to an .iso it stays the same but then you would need an app that works as some sort of virtual drive to mount the DVD file into it to play it, even then not sure if you could use the touch screen with it. I just thought it would make a nice extra touch, but you wouldn't be able to store many on the device the file size would be too large. Maybe it can be a project for some tech savvy iPad app developer out there :)

Most reactions

Latest posts