What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Durable case, used as a communication device

greenmntmama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello!
We just bought an ipad 2 for my 5 year old daughter with special needs to be used as a communication device, and we are looking for a really durable case that might have a strap or handle, and also be able to have an external speaker to be attached to it. We were looking at the otterboxs, but their cases are not out yet, and there is no handle....the other case, recommended to us was the iadapter ...but I am not sure if it compatable with the ipad 2. Ideally we could find a case more like the otterbox but that had a strap so that it was always accessible to her....she would love it to be pink....not sure if that last requirement would be possible ;) Any ideas? I would love to hear from other people using it as a communication device as well.

bonbon868

iPF Noob
Reaction score
protective housing

We have started shipping the Iadapter 2 housings for the iPad 2. The cost is $265.00 and comes with: Shoulder strap, desktop stand, usb cable, charger, screen protectors. Can be used with a wheelchair mount with the purchase of a mounting plate - also available. Can be purchase and the AMDi website at Augmentative and Alternative Communication Devices | AAC Device | Speech Generating Device. Housings for the iPAD version 1 are also available for $198.00

OP
G

greenmntmama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply....our iadapter 2 was just ordered :) We have been using the otter box defender case for the last 6 weeks and it has worked great for summer school, but just does not have an intergrated speaker for the busy classroom this fall. We will be so happy to have her iadapter 2 here for the new school year!

Most reactions

Latest posts