What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dropbox issues whendeleting file content

Northern2010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Morning all,

Another Dropbox issue I'm afraid....

The problem is I'm using Dropbox to share file content (the file sizes are usual 2-3gb) once the fils is no longer needed I delete the file from Dropbox and it's folder it is located in. When I check Dropbox it is showing 0.1% of 3.9gb used.

However

When check in settings/usage via the iPad I find that the Dropbox app is still showing the file content after it's been deleted from Dropbox (see below)

image-3786059752.jpg

As you can see from the uploaded image this is having an effect on the amount of storage I have left.......

Any thoughts on how to rectify this annoying issue.......??????? I can only get the iPad to clear this data when I delete the app and reinstall with is a hassle....

Your thoughts as ever are greatly appreciated

northern

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only way to do this is to delete the app, as you already said, and reinstall it, then sign in again. What's stored there will still be there, but you should notice that the usage drops.

When you mark some of your files as favorites, they can be accessed without an internet connection. That will take storage space on your iPad.

Last edited:
OP
N

Northern2010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I will resort to watching whilst in folder from now rather than saving it a favourite...

Cheers again

Northern

Most reactions

Latest posts