What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drop down selections on websites

Lovemyipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Someone please tell me how do I access a complete drop down list to make a selection that is not visible unless you scroll down. The touch screen does not seem to allow you to scroll. See attached pic. I need to select for example year 10.

Attachments

• image-2563475956.png
    image-2563475956.png
    176 KB · Views: 269

Veritas4420

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After you click on the drop down menu you should be able to just touch on the area and scroll up or down.

OP
Lovemyipad2

Lovemyipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@ Veritas4420 I tried that it doesn't work. Some websites it does others not so...ughhh

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried the two fingered touch, two fingers inside the drop down box and scroll up and down, I haven't found a situation where it hasn't worked yet but I'm certain there will be a first!

The Archangel

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Someone please tell me how do I access a complete drop down list to make a selection that is not visible unless you scroll down. The touch screen does not seem to allow you to scroll. See attached pic. I need to select for example year 10.
As Gabriel noted, once the drop-down list is open, use two fingers to scroll up or down the list.

OP
Lovemyipad2

Lovemyipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh wow!!! Thanks much, the 2 finger scroll works...

Mr.Yuck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This has been bugging me as well. Two fingers does the trick!
Thanks guys!

Veritas4420

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm I've never used two fingers before, always works with just one. Guess I will have to try that.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm I've never used two fingers before, always works with just one. Guess I will have to try that.
It depends on how the website and/or features are built. Some menus, drop-downs, etc. do scroll with a single finger, others require two digit dexterity. :)

Pinkipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks from me as well. The stylus wouldnt work and I was lost! Sometimes two fingers are better than one :;

Most reactions

Latest posts