What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRM AdobeEditions into iPad/iTunes ...

Gaspode

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys ...

OK - How do I get my existing ebooks (all Adobe Digital edition ePub and PDF) on to my iPad ...

I've tried just adding the files to iTunes and while it adds them to iBooks it cant open them ...

Is there a guide anywhere for using existing DRM'ed ebook on iPad ?

Thanks

G.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
As the post above implies, there is no way at this time unless you remove the DRM. The iPad is the most open ereader on the market, it has apps for Kindle, Kobo, eReader, iBooks, Barnes and Noble, PDF..... but none yet for Adobe DRM'd books. Perhaps Sony or Adobe will have one later, but not yet.

I remove DRM from all my books so it is not an issue to me. But, you need to be computer savvy to set it all up to be able to remove DRM......

MooNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For me MelodyCan is the best software for different players. It can remove drm and convert files to different formats. You can try it_))

lschwarcz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.diskstroyer.com
As the post above implies, there is no way at this time unless you remove the DRM. The iPad is the most open ereader on the market, it has apps for Kindle, Kobo, eReader, iBooks, Barnes and Noble, PDF..... but none yet for Adobe DRM'd books. Perhaps Sony or Adobe will have one later, but not yet.

I remove DRM from all my books so it is not an issue to me. But, you need to be computer savvy to set it all up to be able to remove DRM......

Any chance you could elaborate a bit or maybe point us to some site that can show us how to do this?

Thanks in advance!
Larry.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Both the txtr and Bluefire readers will read Adobe DRM protected ePub books on your iPad.

-t

faccheti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iBooks can't read Adobe DRM eBooks, if you want to read your Adobe DRMed eBooks by iBooks, you have to strip the Adobe DRM first then sync them to the iTunes..

here is the guide and soft: [Moderator Edit: Removed link explaining DRM removal.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
All:

Please don't give tips on how to remove DRM here on the forums. Removing DRM is illegal in some countries, a hazy gray area in others and completely ignored in yet more. As this is an international forum, it is best if we stay away from any discussions on DRM removal.

Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

huaer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[Moderator edit: Removed link to DRM removal tool. Not kidding - do NOT talk of DRM removal tools here at this forum!]

Last edited by a moderator:

faccheti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dear Moderator, i've got your message there we can't talk about removal here, sorry for that~

i searched in the appstore, there is an app called Bluefire Reader, it can read Adobe DRMed eBooks..

hope helpful.

Last edited:

Wisconsinguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If i remember correctly, Apprentice Alf’s blog have a post offers a method to get ebook out of jail, you can check it ...

Most reactions

Latest posts