What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dream Heights: Stuck - no residents moving in!

masetane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently built my 87th floor - an apartment building.
No residents have come to the elevator that I can bring up to move in. Usually I get it filled within the day but it's been 3 days now and never once has it been an option to bring someone up to that floor.

I thought maybe it was a glitch and built a Cuisine floor above it but I cannot employ anyone b.c all my previous residents are in other stores.

Can anyone help? is there anyone/where else to ask?

Thanks in advance

Fermax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I've had the same situation. Since the update, I built an apartment on the 84th floor and the elevator doesn't go there.

Prior to the update, the elevator seemed to favor floors with empty "resident" slots, and even residential floors in general. Now, however, the elevators only seem to go to stores, or carry those annoying 'yellow' characters.

My suspicion is that Zynga has done it to make people spend BUCKS to move in residents or to use Facebook friends. That's standard Zynga practice, so we shouldn't be surprised when they try to earn money or for people to viral-market their products.

For me, it means I'm no longer interested in playing the game. I did spend a dollar to get a faster elevator, but I'm not going to pay for each new resident. Sorry Zynga, you lost another player.

For people who enjoy Dream Heights, I certainly recommend Small Street -- you can play it without having to pay money. It even gives Credits (their version of Bucks) quite freely. And, of course, there's always the original Tiny Tower -- I'm close to finishing it, but it has taken 6 months of play (with no real money spent).

-- Fermax

ladyc0524

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem here. My 83rd floor is any empty loft and I refuse to waste any more coins on additional floors since I'm not able to fill my empty lofts

rchl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So there is no idea what we can do about this issue? I was doing really great, then had deleted my tower and started over the day before the update (what timing!!). Now people never want to move in to a floor that needs a resident! I don't know what to do. And it also seems like once someone finally moves in, then that floor gets inundated with people. Do I want to delete and start over again? NO!! I just want to get people moving into my tower so I can play the game!!!!!

gdaymatie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same issue here. 2 lofts at 90 and 91 but no one moves in. Been like this since last update. Time to delete and try another game

Most reactions