What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Draw Something is the Latest iOS Smash Hit Game to Play With Friends

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Peter Kafka at AllThingsD writes today about the latest iOS and mobile gaming phenomenon, OMGPOP’s Draw Something, which looks like being the next big iOS gaming smash hit, with developers OMGPOP announcing today that the game has been downloaded more than 4 million times since its release, topping the charts in multiple iTunes App Store categories, including No 1 Free App, No 1 Paid App, No 1 Word Game and No 1 Puzzle Game. [/FONT]

“We have been shocked at how fast it has grown,†said CEO Dan Porter. “And the usage has been insane. We are seeing 1 million drawings made every hour.â€

As Kafka explains, Draw Something is basically Pictionary for mobiles, and as he says, its appeal is similar to that of Words With Friends, except you don’t have to spell to play!

[FONT=&amp]OMGPOP says that the game owes its success not to press coverage, but instead to word of mouth via social networking platforms such as Twitter and Instagram.[/FONT] “People are taking to these social channels to share their drawings, and that is causing the game to spread,†said Porter.

[FONT=&amp]In Sweden, 1 out of every 5 iPhone users has downloaded the game. Worldwide, celebrities from Questlove to My Chemical Romance have been tweeting about it and creating their own drawings. Draw Something is available in a free-to-play, ad-supported version on both iPhone and iPad, and there’s also a premium version costing $0.99, which is ad-free and has a larger word list. Both versions have in-app purchases available, including hints and extra colour palettes. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Click here to download: App Store - Draw Something Free[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source: Draw Something Is a Hit for OMGPOP CEO Dan Porter - Peter Kafka - Media - AllThingsD[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]OMGPOP[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

Brendan75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's an awesome game. I play about ten rounds a day. Seems like the severs were getting bombed recently, wasn't working right for a couple days. Now it's great again!

Chinook203

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A lot of fun, but only one of my friends plays. The random generator picks people who don't play either.

kaybea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It’s a great game but at the end of the day what have I accomplished? What is the feel good object of the game? Can I win a game (as in Scrabble) or does the game go on endlessly accumulating coins, giving up bombs etc. And, are there any rules laid out somewhere? I like to play with many different people at different times so how do I end a game with a random player?
I’m new to the game!

kokapellis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kaybea said:
It’s a great game but at the end of the day what have I accomplished? What is the feel good object of the game? Can I win a game (as in Scrabble) or does the game go on endlessly accumulating coins, giving up bombs etc. And, are there any rules laid out somewhere? I like to play with many different people at different times so how do I end a game with a random player?
I’m new to the game!

The new update words with friends is really bad. It crashes, it has pop ups and this is the version I paid for . I have installed it at least 10 times. I have written to Zynga as well. So if you are buying the new version beware of issues.

Most reactions

Latest posts