What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

downloading photos from photostream

Reaction score
Hi can anyone help me please, my i pad 2 requested an update the other day and i wasn't sure what i was doing and after accepting the update it asked me to plug in a cable to i tunes to my lap top. As i wasn't sure what i was to do i switched my i pad off to see if i could reboot it and now i have lost a lot of my things including some of my photos. Some photos are still on my i pad but are in a photo stream and I would like to know how to download them from my i pad to a USB memory stick so i can take it to a shop and get printed.

Any advice would be helpfull.

Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go to your Photo Stream album in the Photos app. While you are viewing them as thumbnails choose the Select button at the top right of the screen. Tap each photo you want to select it (blue checkmark). Now tap the icon at the top left that looks like a box with an arrow pointing up out of it. Choose the Save ti Camera Roll option.

This will copy the selected photos from Photo Stream in iCloud to your iPad's local storage. from there you can use the usual methods to copy them to a computer.

Notice the colored icon choices above the Camera Roll option. Depending on what apps you have you may be able to copy the pictures directly there.

Also, most apps that can access the Camera Roll can also access your Photo Stream. Dropbox is one of these. If you have it you can copy photos into your Dropbox account and let them sync back to any computer you have set up with that account.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, most apps that can access the Camera Roll can also access your Photo Stream. Dropbox is one of these.
Not exactly. Dropbox can only access Camera Roll. Pictures from Photo Stream are not uploaded to it, afaik.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not exactly. Dropbox can only access Camera Roll. Pictures from Photo Stream are not uploaded to it, afaik.

What!?

Darn. You are right. I was sure it could do this. Almost every other app that can access Photos can see the Photo Stream albums. I just double checked the Box an Google Drive apps to make sure I'm not going crazy. Both of them let me see my shared Photo Streams as well as the main one. *whew*

Most reactions

Latest posts