What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloaded applications from iTunes

Sabre57

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently purchased SPEED ILLEGAL application for my iPad2 and after several attempts I was able to download the app. The problem is when open the app, all that opens is what I would describe as Racey Music titles CHILLINGO. When I touch the screen,I amenable to open the actual racing app. How do I fix this problem?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sabre57 said:
Recently purchased SPEED ILLEGAL application for my iPad2 and after several attempts I was able to download the app. The problem is when open the app, all that opens is what I would describe as Racey Music titles CHILLINGO. When I touch the screen,I amenable to open the actual racing app. How do I fix this problem?

Sounds like you were having troubles before you got the app if it took a few times to actually get it. It's a good idea to actually shut down your iPad occasionally as it clears bit and pieces that hang around. First I would close your apps first by double clicking the home button to bring up the multi task bar at the bottom. The multi task bar will show all the apps you have opened. Long press an app doesn't matter which one, they will all start to jiggle and a red minus sign will appear at the top left of the apps. Press the minus signs, this will just close the apps, not delete them. Now see if you can open your app. If not you will need to do a restart. Press down the power button, the one at the top right hand side of your iPad, keep pressing until a slide shows to power off. Slide this and a Whirly will appear. When it disappears, your iPad is now off. Now press the power button again until the apple logo appears, wait a few seconds and your iPad will resume as normal. Now see if it works. That should do it. If it doesn't post back and I will show you how to reset it. Good luck, it really is simple though.

OP
Sabre57

Sabre57

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Leelai; you were right, it really was quite easy. I think the other problem was due to the fact that I am off-shore and the internet connection runs on 'steam power'. But all good now, just shutting down and re-starting the process worked like a charm. This forum is such a life saver and enables novices like myself to draw ideas and tips from experts and enthusiasts like you yourself. Thank you so much....

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're welcome, I'm glad that did the trick. It's a good idea to do it on a regular basis to keep everything running smoothly.

Most reactions

Latest posts