What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Download problems

littlebuddha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been having problems downloading OS4 for my Ipod, but it goes for ipad and whatever with itunes it could be an app, if you land up that it downloads so far or it downloads to just the end and then it tells you it has had a problem downloading to check your conection and you get an erro message 3259 its a time out, the problem could be down to your computer virus protection, disable it for the time you need. I have never had this problem before un till with my network which is sky, i was with cable and no problems. my virus program is NOD32. If you have problems where it times out on itunes then try this. It worked for me.

Ralph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Turning off virus checker worked!

I have been having problems downloading OS4 for my Ipod ... if it downloads so far or it downloads to just the end and then it tells you it has had a problem downloading to check your conection and you get an erro message 3259, it's a timeout, the problem could be down to your computer virus protection, disable it for the time you need. I have never had this problem before ... my virus program is NOD32. If you have problems where it times out on itunes then try this. It worked for me.

That worked! Windows XP, using Kaspersky antivirus. I paused protection during the download, and now I finally have the file!

Thank you!

Entefa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What if i dont have a security program yet and still got the same error 3259 !?

jollywa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
....you get an error message 3259 its a time out, the problem could be down to your computer virus protection, disable it for the time you need.

Thanks for this tip, littlebuddha. It fixed the problem for me, as well. I had tried several other tips that I found online before I saw yours. It was the one that did the trick. I left my Kaspersky anti-virus minimized in the tray so that I would remember to turn it back on as soon as the download finished.

mmb7882

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Network Connection Timeout during Update

I have tried for over a year to get IPAD update but receive “network connection timed out†error anywhere from 2 minutes into the download to 10 minutes before it is done. I have a Dell purchased in 2010, Windows 7, professional, which came with McAfee for Dell installed. I have tried everything. I reviewed Itunes diagnostics and noticed it did not recognize me as administrator. Itunes gave up and told me to take Ipad to Genius to use their connection (drive 70 miles) to get the download. I persisted.
I have tried everything above except upgrading in safe mode, selective startup, DMZ for port 80 and 443, and messing with the "hosts" file.
Below please find everything that I did this morning to get the download:
1. Sunday 6 a.m. "Check for Server Authentication" and "Use proxy server for your Lan" previously unchecked
2. Attached cable from router to processor
3. Flush DNS cache: at DOS prompt type “ipconfig/flushdnsâ€
4. Disable McAfee firewall and virus scanner
5. Right click on Itunes and select run as administrator
6. Select “Download†only
7. After download is successful go back and click on “update†to install

Hope this helps. I do think the time of day is also a factor.

Aldo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I no longer update through the computer installed software or via the Ipad, if theres an update I go to the itunes site and download from there. Try this and see if it will resolve your problem

mmb7882

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would you please give details exactly how you do this..I don't understand exactly what you mean, but it sound much simpler.

Aldo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just go to the itunes web page on the internet and go to the latest download and download it, it will take off the old one and install the new one.

01607lyn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem, "network connection timed out". I have Vista for the PC and Kaspersky as my antivirus software. I have tried disabling it and still can't get the latest version of iPAD to download. Help!!!

Aldo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you follow my last post all will be resolved I have kasperksy and win 7 and I no longer have the problem when I go to the itunes site

Happy_Retired

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. Thought I would tell you something that would be helpful regarding the common problem of Itunes connection timing out when attempting to download a current iPad update. I had this problem and tried every single suggestion I could find on the Internet. Nothing worked! I found a site that explained how to "Manually Update" by going directly to the Apple download site and downloading it and then following the manual directions. (This is the site entitled "How to Manually Update iPad." I'm not allowed to list the link since I'm new to this forum, but you can do an independent search. Even though the article specifically mentions IOS 4.3.3, I was able to find 4.3.5. HOWEVER, I still had the connection timeout message after a long time of it trying!

Since the problem seemed to be within my own computer; some kind of glitch or language, I decided it was also preventing my downloading directly from Apple as well and wasn't just an iTunes software problem. So, fortunately, I have an old 2002 XP desktop that I kept around because of the scanner I have. It never had Itunes loaded on it. I went to the website I listed above on how to download manually since it has the actual links and chose the link for my own Ipad 2 Wifi only. I started the download and it was downloading correctly! I happened to have Opera Browser on the computer since my XP is still SP1, so Internet Explorer won't work. Opera downloaded the file with the correct extension instead of creating a zip. I don't know if that matters, but at least I knew it was going correctly. Since I have DSL "Light" which is a speed much faster than dialup, but slower than high-speed broadband or DSL, it took about 8 hours. I made sure my desktop Power settings in the control panel were set to never turn off, but let my monitor sleep and went to bed.

The next morning, the file was downloaded and I was able to transfer it to a flash drive and put the file on my laptop that has itunes. (Make sure your flash drive is large enough since it is a 690 MG file!) I then followed the directions which are:
Connect the iPad to the computer with iTunes.
Open iTunes and let it find the iPad.
Back up the iPad if you haven''t done so recently.
Hold down the Shift Key and press the Update button.
A window will pop up letting you go through your folders and click on the update file.
It then goes through its process.

It was successful! In my particular circumstance and possibly the same as some of you; the key here was to download the file on a computer that never has had iTunes so that there is no corrupt file that is causing the problem of not connecting for downloading the update.

I hope this is helpful. I spent 3 days trying everything else.

Good luck.

Most reactions

Latest posts