What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Download now watch later help reqd!!

TitusD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok here goes - what I want to do is fill my ipad with stuff to watch when I'm offshore working. On the rig we have wifi but no streaming ie you tube,I player etc etc so what are my options? I already have Netflix etc so hopefully they can be used. What's this service even called? Many thanks in advance!

kingjust35

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased a seagate go flex drive which is basically a hard drive that allow you to store Movies, Music, and Photos on it. You can stream your documents to your IPad from it. I like doing that because your not using GB on your IPad. And you can stream up to 3 devices

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if you use netflix or have netflix acc then should try flixter to accompany netflix i already got 3 free full movies download from it although its old box office movies its still awesome :ipad-movie:

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I purchased a seagate go flex drive which is basically a hard drive that allow you to store Movies, Music, and Photos on it. You can stream your documents to your IPad from it. I like doing that because your not using GB on your IPad. And you can stream up to 3 devices

Is this the Satellite you purchased?
I am looking at purchasing a portable wifi hard drive for when on holiday away from my Cloud service and am torn at which device to purchase.
It will be used with several receivers including iPad's, Android Tablets and a Laptop.

kingjust35

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is this the Satellite you purchased?
I am looking at purchasing a portable wifi hard drive for when on holiday away from my Cloud service and am torn at which device to purchase.
It will be used with several receivers including iPad's, Android Tablets and a Laptop.

Yes it is, it comes in handy when your on road trips. For example if you was in a car with one on your friends and he want to watch Dark Zero Thirty on his Nexus and you have that movie on your drive he can watch that, and you have another friend who want to watch Argo on his IPhone he can watch that and you wanted to watch Flight on your IPad you can watch that as well all at the same time

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes it is, it comes in handy when your on road trips. For example if you was in a car with one on your friends and he want to watch Dark Zero Thirty on his Nexus and you have that movie on your drive he can watch that, and you have another friend who want to watch Argo on his IPhone he can watch that and you wanted to watch Flight on your IPad you can watch that as well all at the same time

Many thanks.
Have just carried out a search and note Seagate have now updated this hardware to the Seagate 1TB Wireless Plus.
It's available in the UK, cheapest I found is Amazon UK offering it for £161.40 delivered free.
Oh don't you just love these final decisions......

kingjust35

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks.
Have just carried out a search and note Seagate have now updated this hardware to the Seagate 1TB Wireless Plus.
It's available in the UK, cheapest I found is Amazon UK offering it for £161.40 delivered free.
Oh don't you just love these final decisions......

That's what's up, mine is only 500 GB, but that us fine with me all I have on mine is movies anyway. I love final decisions

Most reactions

Latest posts