What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doodlecast Pro

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This app caught my eye today. While it won't replace Skitch as a quick way to illustrate something, the video and audio might turn the trick for a more complicated project, while not quite resorting to the equipment needed to do a full on instruction video.

Doodlecast Pro will let you record audio while drawing. You can do this over one of their included backgrounds or use your own photo or screenshot. The tools are limited, but adequate. The pointer tools should come in especially handy. If you combined it with a basic video editing app (to cut pauses, splice the best of several takes, and maybe redo the voice over) you could probably get some very nice results.

If you've ever visited one of my favorite sites, KhanAcademy (also an iPhone app), it is easy to see how teachers could use this as a cheap alternative to whatever it is that they are already using.

Anyway, here is my really, really, really horrible demo. Try to imagine the possibilities if the person using the app had talent, or at least some content worth watching.

By the way, this video is the Medium (lowest) quality setting.

Edit: I used iMove to make some very slight improvements: cut some wait times, cut a few vocal stutters, and voiceovered the last part. If nothing else, it is slightly shorter now. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I saw this too and thought it was a great app, thank you for showing us how it works!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
twerppoet

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You are welcome. It was both fun and frustrating trying to do it in one take.

I searched YouTube for a better demo, but the pro version of the app is only a few days old. While several of the other videos were a lot better than mine, none of them struck me as showing how great a tool Doodlecast Pro could be.

Most reactions

Latest posts