What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doing math on the iPad not ideal: will jailbreak give me keyboard options?

Futurebird

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want to type an equation such as:

3x^3 + x^4 -2x+1 =y on the iPad you switch screens in-between almost every letter. most of what I write and chat about is equations. And while I have found ways to get LaTeX to work with the iPad, I still find the keyboard annoying.

It's also hard to type numeric sequences such as (2, 3, 5, 6) etc. since the comma followed by the space takes you away from the numbers board (to the letters board)

Some mathematics apps have much better keyboards (tex equation for example) but in the end, if I'm commenting on a blog, posting to facebook or writing an email I'm stuck with the default board.

So, my questions:

1. can I jail-break an iPad 2 (I've been saving blobs since I got it)
2. if I do will I have any options for chaining the keyboard?
3. Will apple ever fix this? give options to have different keyboard in the control pannel, for example?

What changes would you make to the keyboard?

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Maybe working with an external keyboard would do the trick, but I saw some keyboard alternatives in the cydia store...

VicoPad addict!

OP
Futurebird

Futurebird

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the wireless apple keyboard, bit it's not much help if I'm standing up or walking (most of the time this is when I use the ipad.)

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have actually been looking for the same for some time. A tweak that will let me use a numbers pad. I know that in some apps this is an option, but it seems to be apps driven.

Most reactions

Latest posts