What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does the iPad have gps?

Steppenroth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was using the google maps today and it was able to get extremely close to my actual location. Is it figuring this out through the internet connection, or does the iPad have some sort of gps built in?

EARL97850

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To my understanding the iPad doesn't have gps, so it must have been though the internet connection.

Cya

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The WiFi version does not have GPS. The 3G version shipping next month does have cellular GPS. It picked your location from your set up data in iTunes....

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From the apple site

iPad with Wi-Fi finds your location using known Wi-Fi hotspots, and Wi-Fi + 3G models use Wi-Fi, GPS, and cellular towers.

OP
S

Steppenroth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From the apple site

iPad with Wi-Fi finds your location using known Wi-Fi hotspots, and Wi-Fi + 3G models use Wi-Fi, GPS, and cellular towers.

Rasputina is one of my favorite bands. Good stuff. It's crazy that it is that accurate using only known hotspots.

iVegas702

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an app that will show all Wi-Fi hot spots around my location? I though apple took it off the app store.

Most reactions

Latest posts