What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does my Mini2 have a problem?

mesmerized

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Howdy,

I'd like to ask for your advice on the following issues:

1) I used Battery Doctor (by Kingsoft) and for some reason when the ipad goes to the thrid stage of (re)charing, which is called "Trickle Charging", it sort of gets stuck at the very last minute. So it gets to the point where you've got "one minute left" to complition and then it just doesn't stop! It just says "one minute left" all the time even after the minute has passed. It wasn't like that before. So far it's happened twice.

2) My Mini kinda crashed or froze and I'm a bit worried something might be wrong with it. So far this has happened 2 or 3 times. Twice it just froze and I had to press and hold the Home + right corner button to restart it because it wouldn't budge otherwise. Once it just restarted itself all of a sudden...

Is there anything I should be concerned about here?

Appreciate your help.

Cheers,

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Howdy, I'd like to ask for your advice on the following issues: 1) I used Battery Doctor (by Kingsoft) and for some reason when the ipad goes to the thrid stage of (re)charing, which is called "Trickle Charging", it sort of gets stuck at the very last minute. So it gets to the point where you've got "one minute left" to complition and then it just doesn't stop! It just says "one minute left" all the time even after the minute has passed. It wasn't like that before. So far it's happened twice. 2) My Mini kinda crashed or froze and I'm a bit worried something might be wrong with it. So far this has happened 2 or 3 times. Twice it just froze and I had to press and hold the Home + right corner button to restart it because it wouldn't budge otherwise. Once it just restarted itself all of a sudden... Is there anything I should be concerned about here? Appreciate your help. Cheers,

Hello!

1. This maybe a problem with the app, I have never tried that with that app, maybe someone else can also share their views. In the meanwhile, you can try force closing the app all the way down and opening it again, or reinstalling the app

2. What were you doing when your mini froze?

These might be the problem with No. 2.

o Less memory (RAM) on your iPad
o Try closing the apps which you do not need at the moment, using the steps below.

FORCE CLOSING APPS.

1. Double tap the Home button to bring up the multitasking bar.

2. iOS 7 : Swipe up on the app picture, not icon to close it.

iOS 6 : Long press on the icons to make them shake, then tap on the minus (-) sign to close them.

Please post your results back! Good luck!

P.S. Just for the correct terminology, the thing you mentioned as a restart by pressing the home and power button is called a hard reset. :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Howdy,

I'd like to ask for your advice on the following issues:

1) I used Battery Doctor (by Kingsoft) and for some reason when the ipad goes to the thrid stage of (re)charing, which is called "Trickle Charging", it sort of gets stuck at the very last minute. So it gets to the point where you've got "one minute left" to complition and then it just doesn't stop! It just says "one minute left" all the time even after the minute has passed. It wasn't like that before. So far it's happened twice.

...[snip]...

I don't think you have anything to worry about with the battery. Apple has designed their iDevices so that they trickle charge once the device has reached 100%. If it' s left plugged in, the charger will stop providing "juice" and the iPad will drain ... a bit. Then, the charger will again start charging again. This will continue until the iPad is taken off the power source. It's a safety feature so that the iPad won't overcharge while left plugged in.

So, your app may not be able to read the final charge correctly because it's never "final" while connected to a power source. If that makes any sense... :)

Still, I wouldn't worry about it - as long as your iPad runs fine after charging.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts