What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does jailbreak for ipad 2 (wifi) 5.1 exist?

SAFX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm on a clean (restored) iPad 2 wifi running iOS 5.1. I tried JB with redsnow 0.9.10b6 and 0.9.15b3, neither gives option to jailbreak (button grayed out).
I've read that there is no jailbreak for iOS 5.1...is that true?

Never mind...I found the FAQ....

Last edited:

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Glad you found the answer, there aren't many questions that can't be answered just by using the search button up on the left hand side of the screen.
As you've found, no jailbreak for 5.1, many people are now waiting to find out what will happen on iOS6 jailbreak, unless you've been previously Jailbroken and Cydia has saved your blobs then I think your best bet will be to keep an eye in the hacking section for any changes to your options.

Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Chris

OP
S

SAFX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad you found the answer, there aren't many questions that can't be answered just by using the search button up on the left hand side of the screen.
As you've found, no jailbreak for 5.1, many people are now waiting to find out what will happen on iOS6 jailbreak, unless you've been previously Jailbroken and Cydia has saved your blobs then I think your best bet will be to keep an eye in the hacking section for any changes to your options.

Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Chris

Chris, I did find one blob for 5.1.1 in Cydia on my jailbroken iPhone, but I suspect it can't be used to upgrade my ipad from 5.1 to 5.1.1 since it's for the iphone, right?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Chris, I did find one blob for 5.1.1 in Cydia on my jailbroken iPhone, but I suspect it can't be used to upgrade my ipad from 5.1 to 5.1.1 since it's for the iphone, right?

That is correct. Blobs are device-specific; they cannot be used on another device.

Marilyn

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
SAFX said:
I'm on a clean (restored) iPad 2 wifi running iOS 5.1. I tried JB with redsnow 0.9.10b6 and 0.9.15b3, neither gives option to jailbreak (button grayed out).
I've read that there is no jailbreak for iOS 5.1...is that true?

Never mind...I found the FAQ....

Since there isn't, and likely never will be, a jailbreak for iOS 5.1, have you considered upgrading to iOS 6.1.1 and waiting for the upcoming jailbreak?
Subscribe to the official iOS 6 jailbreak status thread and keep an eye on the first post in the thread. Any news of an iOS 6 jailbreak will certainly be announced there.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/89458-official-ios6-jailbreak-status-thread.html

Last edited:

Etharl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unless I'm reading this incorrectly, there is a jailbreak for iPad 2 wifi running iOS 5.1.1 unless they took it out. That's exactly what my iPad is but I jailbroke a while ago. *** LINKS REMOVED ***
Hope it works out

EDIT

Misread the OP asking for 5.1 not 5.1.1. Sorry

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts