What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does it seem odd to you that there is no iPad iTunes?

Pcunix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
aplawrence.com
Given that we can buy apps and books directly from our iPads, it seems odd to me that I have to go back to my Mac to get music and podcasts.

Am I missing something obvious?

OP
P

Pcunix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
aplawrence.com
Given that we can buy apps and books directly from our iPads, it seems odd to me that I have to go back to my Mac to get music and podcasts.

Am I missing something obvious?

Wait, I see that I am!

Boy that was NOt obvious how to get there !

You can get to iTunes from the iPod app - it isn't obvious, but you can get there..

OP
P

Pcunix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
aplawrence.com
Ok, the only way I see is to click on something that you have nothing in.. Then you see the "you can download music from iTunes"

Is there another way to get there??

eflyersteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A little too much Nyquil last night eh? LOL!

Yeah, look for the little 'itunes' icon. I have a hard time finding it too. Not sure if it's the color or what.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A little too much Nyquil last night eh? LOL!

Yeah, look for the little 'itunes' icon. I have a hard time finding it too. Not sure if it's the color or what.

I don't see it. What is it near?

If you can not find anything, just hit home again and start typing a search, ie in this case 'iTu...' that is as far as you will get before you spot the app you want. Many times it takes only two letters. That is the only practical way to have more than 220 apps on an iPad anyway.

Search is the fastest way to find things instead of looking through all those eleven pages of icons on your springboard.

Last edited:

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We'll be getting folders in 4.0. I for one can't wait! Really need more organization. I think I want the folders more than anything else I've read about that will be in the update.

stever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found it.

Sheesh :)

Too much stuff in my home screen.

Really that and iBooks and App Store should all be in one place.
Well, other than iBooks which you had to download, I assume they were all in one place when you took the iPad out of the box.

OP
P

Pcunix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
aplawrence.com
No, I meant it should all be one "buy stuff" app :)

But yeah, until I reorganized, they were all there quite close to each other.

Folders will be nice. So will multitasking, though that only cones up rarely.

Most reactions

Latest posts