What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does ipad mini record the date and time on captured movies?

Sterling125

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I shot some video footage with my mini while on vacation and I can't locate any date/time info for the clips. (I found an app that will let me see the metadata on photos, but the .mov files are empty.)

And on that same note: After transferring the clips to my iMac, how can I modify the metadata (i.e. go back and add a creation date?) Again, I found a way to change the info on photos, but not on video.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On a Windows client, I can check properties and details and it gives me the data the file was created on my iPhone. I assume here that a Mac can give similar information.

Personally I just rename files to include the date. 3.18.2013.Activity name here.mov or similar.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
On a Windows client, I can check properties and details and it gives me the data the file was created on my iPhone. I assume here that a Mac can give similar information.

Personally I just rename files to include the date. 3.18.2013.Activity name here.mov or similar.

I'm not sure, but I believe the iPhoto app can access the metadata from the video, which includes the date and time it was created.

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In iPhoto, select the photos/videos you want, then choose Photos > Adjust Date and Time to change the creation date. The 'info' panel on the RHS of the window shows all the data associated with a particular image - device creator, filetype & name, size, quality, duration (for video), creation date etc.. etc..

HTH Pete

Most reactions

Latest posts