What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Docs to go help

crappa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using docs to go quite successfully until my Netbook crashed. I have reloaded XP onto it and now installing Docs To Go. I can't figure out how to pair with the existing computer on my iPad. The directions tell me to add a new desktop, but that just creates a new computer with the same name on the iPad. I need to pair under the existing computer so I can sync from the iPad to the computer.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had Docs2Go connecting well with my iPad and PC. Then, I had to re-install my Docs2Go after I restored my iPad. When I went to my Docs2Go to answer your question, I find that my Docs2Go is no longer hooked up with my PC. All this to tell you, here is what I did to re-establish a PC-iPad connection. Some steps may be different, some may be the same - but hopefully some will contain the answer you need...

In Docs2Go (henceforth shortened to d2g for ease of typing), at the bottom of the screen, select "Desktop." Fill in the information needed to get the download link for the PC installer.

They're quick and you get an e-mail right away for you to download the desktop application [but I don't think you have to register to get the download ... I did anyway]. Download the appropriate desktop app for your computer and install it. What I did was have d2g desktop application open when you finish installing it.

Meanwhile, on your iPad, once you've completed the registration process (or pressed later if you didn't want to), a screen will appear with a 4-digit passcode. Now it's time to pair the two.

Have d2g open on the PC. In the upper RH is a button "Options." Select "Add Device" and follow the instructions. I'm old, so I don't remember all I [just] did, but at the end (after I followed the wizard's instructions), I've got successful pairing of the iPad and the PC (the iPad even gives you a pop-up saying they are connected). Now, on the iPad, you should see a line "My DocsToGo." Press on it and that's where the documents will be that are synced with your PC.

On my PC, the d2g is established as a file folder under My Documents. As long as the desktop application is running, you can sync with the iPad app. BTW, there's a sync button (swirly arrows) at the bottom left of the d2g app on the iPad...

Now, all done! You can use the desktop app to browse around your iPad's d2g. You can browse, edit, copy, delete, etc., files.

I hope that some of that was helpful (it was helpful to me - I just re-sync'd with my PC, that I forgot wasn't sync'd!). If I've gone way off base, or if you need more help, give us a shout.

Good luck.

Marilyn

OP
C

crappa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn. My problem was getting the two to pair as before after I rebuilt the PC. The d2g program kept putting a new desktop PC on the iPad named the same as the original PC desktop. I had two desktops named the same.
My backup for the PC was as such I only needed a few files synced from the iPad. I ended up emailing the files to myself and putting them in the d2g folder on the PC. Then I did a sync and now all is on the iPad in two spots named the same. After I check all the files are truely matched, I will delete the old PC desktop from the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts