What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you use the default 'Sent from my iPad' signature?

Do you use the default signature on your device?

• Yes

Votes: 107 45.3%
  • No

Votes: 63 26.7%
  • I use my own signature

Votes: 66 28.0%

• Total voters

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just curious if people keep the default signature or remove it or add their own!

Reaction score
No signature at all, as it adds no informational value for the recipient.

I assume that the recipient wants to spent as little time as possible reading emails, so adding an extra line, which usually is completely out of context seems to be a wrong approach.

Reaction score
I added a Bible verse before my stock signature. I email from this,my Incredible ( 3 different accounts) my Omnia ( 4 different accounts ) and my desktop and have Jer. 29:11 before the stock on each. I doubt 99% of the folks I email even notice any of it.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I don't. It was cool for about 2 seconds, and then I figured Apple didn't need any extra advertising from me.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I do, but only because I've been lazy toward changing it.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the default. It used to be pretty unique...not so much anymore, but I want to be sure no one thinks I'm replying from a Xoom. ;)

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
I use the default. It used to be pretty unique...not so much anymore, but I want to be sure no one thinks I'm replying from a Xoom. ;)

Lol

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No signature at all, as it adds no informational value for the recipient.

I assume that the recipient wants to spent as little time as possible reading emails, so adding an extra line, which usually is completely out of context seems to be a wrong approach.

And it's annoying. I mean, who cares? I totally agree with every word.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I usually remove it, eventually, when I get around to it.

Sometimes, when one of my worst typing disasters get posted I think maybe I should have left it, just as an excuse.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Most of the time I leave it there to let folks I trust know that I'm out and about. When I write/reply to strangers (individuals, not companies), I remove it in the email I'm working on. But other than that, I've just been too lazy to do anything with it. My EVO 4G has a similar stock signature and I use it in the same way.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My name, so I don't have to type it, and my cell phone # in case the recipient wants to call rather than email.

Berghammer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I consider it a courtesy to the reader, a convenient way to indicate I'm under way and not reachable at home.

Gesendet von meinem iPad. :D

Most reactions

Latest posts