What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you think the smart cover is the best case for ipad 2?

Eddieboi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cookie2133 said:
I recently bought an iPad and have ordered a smart cover but judging by all these negative comments requiring the back of the iPad, any suggestions on cases that work with the smart cover?

I would get the switcheasy coverbuddy case it's designed to wok with a smart cover. I got mine yesterday, it looked good and felt good enough to protect the back of my iPad 2 (when it arrives lol).

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried the smart cover first and didn't like it. I ended up going back to the Belkin folio case for the iPad 2. It offers great protection and can be used as a stand when viewing media content and typing.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iPF

r12rtpilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ridesroadsandeats.com
You know, when it came to iPad covers I felt like Goldilocks...I ordered the Smart Case with my iPad, but ended up returning it. I then tried a couple of other cases that just didn't feel right...so, eventually I found my way to a simple Targus leather case from Best Buy. About thirty bucks and it's perfect!:)

Of course, YMMV!

Steve

celly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cookie2133 said:
I recently bought an iPad and have ordered a smart cover but judging by all these negative comments requiring the back of the iPad, any suggestions on cases that work with the smart cover?

There are multiple threads about rear shell cases already. Might want to search around to get answers.

realistdreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a smart cover and a zaggmate. I use the smart cover when I don't need to type and want to be as lightweight as possible. Get a skin from gelaskins to cover the back.

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hard to answer if it's the best one. It's the only I've used and it's doing a fine job so I have no desire and see no need to buy any others. ;)

eddy20

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just received the spider smart cover from case2case, works just like the smart cover but has a plastic back cover attached to it as well to protect the back. And it was much cheaper when I ordered it but it was on offer then. It's a really good alternative, gives the same functionality as the official smart cover whilst also protecting the back at the same time,I would definitely recommend it. It still keeps the iPad really slim as well so you don't lose any of the iPad appeal

Last edited:

mobilemg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a look this, extreme testing...I wouldn't be careless myself, dropping my ipad 2 anyway. Enjoy!. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vrJ83dEec4&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - ‪iPad 2 Smart Cover Drop Test‬‏[/ame]

Most reactions

Latest posts