What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do You Have Apple on the Brain?!

arbor53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm hooked on apple, I'm even trying to get a job at the apple store, had iPods since the first shuffle, iPhones since the first iPhone, got iPad 2 but I've never owned a Mac, but now im looking at getting a Mac mini so I can develop iPad apps.

sent from my brain

h1611161

iPF Noob
Reaction score
arbor53 said:
........but I've never owned a Mac, but now im looking at getting a Mac mini so I can develop iPad apps.

sent from my brain

Like I said elsewhere, iPad2 is not an option for me since I have the iPad Classic (1st Generation) and will save money probably for a MacBook Pro or an iMac with a 21 inch monitor.....

Sent from my iPad using iPF

mikeypm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
arbor53 said:
I'm hooked on apple, I'm even trying to get a job at the apple store, had iPods since the first shuffle, iPhones since the first iPhone, got iPad 2 but I've never owned a Mac, but now im looking at getting a Mac mini so I can develop iPad apps.

sent from my brain

I wouldn't both with a job at an apple store as the roads are not paved with gold and it turns out to be like any retail job, trustee when I say this as I worked in an apple retail store for a year and have first hand knowledge

h1611161

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mikeypm said:
I wouldn't both with a job at an apple store as the roads are not paved with gold and it turns out to be like any retail job, trustee when I say this as I worked in an apple retail store for a year and have first hand knowledge

I guessed as much, however a Mac Mini might not be much against a iMac or a MBP - am I wrong ?

mikeypm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
h1611161 said:
I guessed as much, however a Mac Mini might not be much against a iMac or a MBP - am I wrong ?

Well a mac book pro or an iMac would knock a mac minis socks off, I'd suggest waiting for a refresh which is imminent and see how the specs and price weigh up at the time

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use to make sheet music using Finale on Mac Mini. Holy Schnikes was it slow. You really felt the lack of RAM; it was like trying to tow a trailer with a tricycle. Fortunately for me and my music and my ipad, I now have a proper PC which is big and fast and angry and has windows 7, along with an Ubuntu dual boot to impress hipsters and nerds. :D

Woe betide the man who tries compiling software of any sophistication on it. I know nothing of the programming process for Ipads, but if you want to, say, write code in a text editor, and then compile it on a proper Mac, yeah, I guess that could work. But even an entry level Macbook would probably be a better idea.

techknott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had an old iBook G3 years ago and it was awful. Couldn't get anything for it at all. Now that more and more people are converting, they are much more useful than they were. I now have an iMac 27, iPad 2 and iPhone 4. Not to mention other various iPods and the wife's i stuff. I buy them because I think that Apple are streets ahead of the competition as far as design and implementation goes, they're just built really solid and I hate plasticky gadgets. If they just got rid of that crap they call iTunes it would be perfect to me!

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I swear I've turned into an Apple junkie! I have the Ipad2, my husband and kids use my old IPad 1, I have an iPhone 4, an iMac and a MacBook. My husband and daughter both have iPod touches and I have zillions of accessories for all of the above. It's a never ending obsession and I cold never work at the Applestore or I would be even broker!!!!!!!

Petdr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
applechick said:
I swear I've turned into an Apple junkie! I have the Ipad2, my husband and kids use my old IPad 1, I have an iPhone 4, an iMac and a MacBook. My husband and daughter both have iPod touches and I have zillions of accessories for all of the above. It's a never ending obsession and I cold never work at the Applestore or I would be even broker!!!!!!!

I'm with you, applechick. My obsession started with an iPod touch 8gb, I sold that and upgraded to a 32gb, then I got the ipad1 and I was totally in love. All types of accessories followed. Then the iPhone4 and finally my ipad2. I'm now shopping accessories for it. Next up, a MacBook!

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Petdr said:
I'm with you, applechick. My obsession started with an iPod touch 8gb, I sold that and upgraded to a 32gb, then I got the ipad1 and I was totally in love. All types of accessories followed. Then the iPhone4 and finally my ipad2. I'm now shopping accessories for it. Next up, a MacBook!

Awesome collection! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts