What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you guys have some ebook recommended for 3-7 yrs kids on iPad?

annbrook21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wish my kids to be encouraged by reading books on iPad. Do you guys have some books recommended?

ajneuman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really like all of the Dr. Seuss books available. They give you the option of reading them yourself or they will read to you. They are also quite interactive which really helps keep the kids interest.

debsylvania

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've only had my iPad2 a couple of weeks, so I'm still like a kid in a candy store when it comes to apps. I have been heavily browsing the app store for kids games and books, in particular, as I have grandchildren that range in age from 2 1/2 to 17.

Many of the books allow you to select whether you want a narrator to read the book to you or whether you want to read it yourself at your own pace. Some let you record yourself reading the book so that your child/grandchild will year your voice telling the story.

Most childrens book apps have some interactive components, which makes them a tremendous lot of fun for the child. Often, the book will include games to play, as well.

If you go to the apps store, you can browse just the books section, and choose whether you want to see free or paid apps. Many books have a "lite" or free version so you can sample it before deciding whether you'd like to invest money in the book.

Here are examples of book apps I've picked up in the last couple of days, most of them free:

- Doodles News and the Big Red Balloon
- Being Benny
- The BaffleGagging Blundernagging Brothers
- Kung Fu Panda 2
- Oobie
- Alice Lite
- Toy Story

I hope you'll have as much fun browsing for apps as I'm having.

- Deb

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts