What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do I officially upgrade IOS B4 JB?

arcsum68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, nice looking forum. Have not been able to get my ? answered by searching. Figured I would ask a simple questions.

I've been stuck on 3.2.1 as I got my iPad 2 days after 4.3.1 released and wanted to JB.

Been patiently waiting on the latest version to release and now I am only unsure of this one thing.

Should I let iTunes update me to 4.3.1 and THEN proceed with the instructions to JB?

Or will the firmware file I downloaded be enough? Will that version supersede Apples version anyway?

Thanks!

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
arcsum68 said:
Hey guys, nice looking forum. Have not been able to get my ? answered by searching. Figured I would ask a simple questions.

I've been stuck on 3.2.1 as I got my iPad 2 days after 4.3.1 released and wanted to JB.

Been patiently waiting on the latest version to release and now I am only unsure of this one thing.

Should I let iTunes update me to 4.3.1 and THEN proceed with the instructions to JB?

Or will the firmware file I downloaded be enough? Will that version supersede Apples version anyway?

Thanks!

Probably would better to just let iTunes update you to 4.3.1. As u know that apple version should work with no prob. Then use the redsnow tool to jailBRAKE the new 4.3.1 version. It will be an untethered jailbrake. The forum here, in news section or home page, has a video tutorial on it. They also posted the link to where u can get the redsnow tool from. If u hit any snags, just hit me up or post back and we will get you up n running.

Sent From IPF app, if u need to know about the wonders of Jailbrake, inbox me!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks!

Welcome! We have a few very good members that can assist you with your JB needs!

Here is a link and it would be good to familiarize yourself with the Rules in the links below as well!

http://www.ipadforums.net/apple-ipa...dsn0w-mac-windows-iphone-ipod-touch-ipad.html

OP
A

arcsum68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the super fast response! I already have all the files ready to go, just was not sure about the one thing. I wont get to it until tonight, but look forward to some IOS 4 goodness.

Ill be back, seeing some pretty useful information already.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
arcsum68 said:
Thanks for the super fast response! I already have all the files ready to go, just was not sure about the one thing. I wont get to it until tonight, but look forward to some IOS 4 goodness.

Ill be back, seeing some pretty useful information already.

No problem, if u hit any snags, just post back what's going on.

Sent From IPF app, if u need to know about the wonders of Jailbrake, inbox me!

OP
A

arcsum68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, so far not very good.

Last edited by a moderator:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
arcsum68 said:
Well, so far not very good.

I installed and , and setup Â¥$€!? to sync with iTunes and iTunes deleted all my Â¥$€!? apps. Hopefully they will get restored?

And thats what you get for being a pirate!
Please don't discuss or look for help on these forums if you are stealing software. It is against the rules.

Most reactions

Latest posts