What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do i need an anti virus app?

caltongirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been sing my iPad well for a few months but all of a sudden I am sometimes having problems with the Internet. When accessing bookmarks on my google search engine I find that sometimes I can only access the first page. Does this mean I have a virus and if so is there an app to remove viruses?
Thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
caltongirl said:
I've been sing my iPad well for a few months but all of a sudden I am sometimes having problems with the Internet. When accessing bookmarks on my google search engine I find that sometimes I can only access the first page. Does this mean I have a virus and if so is there an app to remove viruses?
Thanks

There are no known viruses that can infect a stock iPad.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Personally I will install Anti virus apps on both my iPad and iPhone. Anti virus app can protect our devices from infected, and it makes me felt relieved when surf the internet. I treat Anti virus app as must have iPad app.

An iPad that has not been jail broken cannot be infected by a virus.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not only are there no viruses capable of affecting the iPad, there are also no antivirus apps. By their very nature, they are impossible for a third party to write, since they would need to hook into the operating system and monitor everything else that is running. iOS simply does not work this way.

The bottom line is enjoy your iPad, and let Apple worry about security. It's one of the things we pay them for.

Most reactions

Latest posts