What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DJ'd 1st gig with iPad

Grooveguru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very cool using my iPad to DJ a gig. Loved it! I can see this replacing my laptop very very soon!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very cool using my iPad to DJ a gig. Loved it! I can see this replacing my laptop very very soon!
You kids today! Got it sooo easy! When I DJ'd I had to haul around a 75 pound "coffin" that held two Technics turntables, a four channel Numark mixer and a plethora of cables and more. Then there was the amp, speakers, stands, crates and crates of LP's (Google it), 45's (again, Google) and more.

An iPad. :rolleyes: Sheesh!

I would have killed for an iPad!! :D

FWIW djay For iPad is $10 off right now. Nice little program.

Last edited:

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the posting, and glad you dig the iPad. I, too, did a bit of djaying---but it was way back in the day and for a small radio station. Never did Ny remotes, though.

I would be interested (and probably others too) in a brief description of how you use the iPad. Mainly as a mixer, or to store your program of songs, or just what?

OP
G

Grooveguru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You kids today! Got it sooo easy! When I DJ'd I had to haul around a 75 pound "coffin" that held two Technics turntables, a four channel Numark mixer and a plethora of cables and more. Then there was the amp, speakers, stands, crates and crates of LP's (Google it), 45's (again, Google) and more.

An iPad. :rolleyes: Sheesh!

I would have killed for an iPad!! :D

FWIW djay For iPad is $10 off right now. Nice little program.

That's what I use. Still got the speakers and amps and lights! though. LOL

OP
G

Grooveguru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use the DJay app to mix tunes stored on iPad. Run the iPad into Yamaha powered mixer and Peavey SP2 speakers for smaller gigs.

I did have a laptop and iPod mixer on stand by but had such a blast using the iPad I didn't touch them.

OP
G

Grooveguru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Going to look at Apple Air Express to connect wirelessly to sound system so I can DJ anywhere in the room

MacVaio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use the DJay app to mix tunes stored on iPad. Run the iPad into Yamaha powered mixer and Peavey SP2 speakers for smaller gigs.

I did have a laptop and iPod mixer on stand by but had such a blast using the iPad I didn't touch them.

Congrats dude!
I got myself djay app this weekend although I use a lot the real Korg kaoss pads and kaossilator (check the 2 virtual kaoss screens inside Korg iMS-20)
Also use a Samsung Wave cellphone for some weird sounds (sinths and farts) and as audioplayer.
Itis great now that iOS is getting a lot of attention from music soft creators and some noise people too.

keep on spinning!

MacBabyScratch

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 hooked up to a Vestax Spin Dj Controller(mixer), awesome!!!! Airplay in mind for home use.

vestax_spin_djay.jpg

Made specifically for Djay for Mac.
djay for Mac » The #1 DJ Software for iTunes by algoriddim

I am no DJ, but i love the hell out of music, and i have been using computer DJ software for maybe close to 10 yrs (hobby, played around in my house), and this Djay software(Mac and iOS), seems to be the most simple of them all, especially on the iPad, and also simple on the Mac, with a nice Automix feature(better than using iTunes, etc)....I have been using Djay on the iPad 1 for a while now, and couldn't wait for iPad 2 to launch, so i can install on there too and this Vestax Spin Mixer is a bonus, where you have full control.

Definitely my next toy, seen it before, but made up my mind, NOW ($280 at the apple store).

djay-mac-screenshot5-1.png

djay for Mac » Spin - The all-in-one controller for djay by Vestax ...nice videos too.
vestax-spin-high.jpg

OP
G

Grooveguru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 hooked up to a Vestax Spin Dj Controller(mixer), awesome!!!! Airplay in mind for home use.

vestax_spin_djay.jpg

Made specifically for Djay for Mac.
djay for Mac » The #1 DJ Software for iTunes by algoriddim

I am no DJ, but i love the hell out of music, and i have been using computer DJ software for maybe close to 10 yrs (hobby, played around in my house), and this Djay software(Mac and iOS), seems to be the most simple of them all, especially on the iPad, and also simple on the Mac, with a nice Automix feature(better than using iTunes, etc)....I have been using Djay on the iPad 1 for a while now, and couldn't wait for iPad 2 to launch, so i can install on there too and this Vestax Spin Mixer is a bonus, where you have full control.

Definitely my next toy, seen it before, but made up my mind, NOW ($280 at the apple store).

djay-mac-screenshot5-1.png

djay for Mac » Spin - The all-in-one controller for djay by Vestax ...nice videos too.
vestax-spin-high.jpg

What stand are you using for your iPad?

Most reactions

Latest posts