What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Digital AV adapter not working with BBC iplayer

mog1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just purchased apple's Digital AV adapter for the iPad 2, I tried to connect the iPad to the TV to watch BBC iplayer I cannot get to work, everything else works fine, any ideas what I have done wrong thanks

ejonesss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i dont have one but i suspect it may be some kind of drm preventing the content from being piratedif it is hdmi output and i think it probably is since hdmi is becoming the standard digital connection in theory you could get a hdcp stripper and remove the hdmi content protection and the bbc went further and blocked the device from even working.

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mog1 said:
I have just purchased apple's Digital AV adapter for the iPad 2, I tried to connect the iPad to the TV to watch BBC iplayer I cannot get to work, everything else works fine, any ideas what I have done wrong thanks

iPlayer works fine through my digital connector, but you won't get full screen, it's has borders around it, so not really usable in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iDuffer said:
Try updating your iplayer app, I think the BBC has fixed it in the latest update.

Still the same problem

It will be interesting to see how it is with ATV which I am getting at Christmas :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts