What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diffrent Wallpapers On Each Home Screen?

waffles07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys wanted to know how you can have different wallpapers on each home screen? I have an ipad 3...
Is there some tweak?
Thanks!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not possible on a stock iPad. It may be possible on a jail broken one...

I have a Cydia tweak on my iPhone 4S called "MultiWall." With it, yes, you can have different wallpapers for each springboard page (to include the Spotlight page). It comes with some wallpapers already preinstalled, but you can load your own. It's free on Cydia.

But.

If you go to Cydia and look at the "Recent Changes" portion of the tweak, the only mention of the iPad says (from November 2011) "PARTIAL iPad support." So, I'm scared to put in on my iPad3 and therefore can't tell you whether it works or not. Though, I am still debating, given that if I mess up the iPad, Apple is still signing iOS 5.1.1 and I can just restore/rejailbreak. But - haven't got the nerve up yet. :)

So, there's that...

Marilyn

Last edited:

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not trying it either Marilyn! But if you change your mind... please post back how it works out! lol

Hog11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Man , I'd love different screens .... and the ability to name each screen (rather than name a folder).

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Man , I'd love different screens .... and the ability to name each screen (rather than name a folder).

Well, there are tweaks to label pages, too. In fact, there are two things you could try.

The first one is a free tweak called PageNames (by Ryan Petrich). With it, you title the page name at the top so you can see the name as you scroll through the pages. It came out last summer but the latest version (0.2-2) is supposed to be compatible with iOS 5.1. I tried it when it first cam out on my iPad1. didn't really like the look, so I removed it. So, I don't know how well it works on the newer iPads (or 5.1.1 for that matter). Again, it's one of those iffy ones ... but maybe worth looking into.

The other one is a setting of the tweak Overboard ($1.99). You can turn on page names within the tweak so that you see them only in the overview mode. I know this works fine on iOS 5.1.1 and the iPad3. This pic shows what I mean:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341407777.537732.jpg

Overboard is one of my favorite tweaks and is very handy if you have a lot of pages. In fact, I wrote a review on it... :)

Sorry for the little off-topic here ... but it kinda goes with making pages different, right? :)

Marilyn

Most reactions