What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did you buy your iPad or was it a gift?

Did you buy your iPad or was it a gift?

• I bought my iPad

Votes: 361 66.7%
  • It was a gift

Votes: 180 33.3%

• Total voters

axis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased my own, I'd been saving up for a while though and just about scraped enough dollar together to treat myself prior to going in to hospital last week. I have to say playing on my new iPad has sure helped with the recuperation :)

5teve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blackburn in NW of . . . . . . . . . . . . Engl
Update to my original post ......
I don't think anyone will remember this but I bought an iPad 2 and said to my wife, "Here you go, love. You can do all of your computer stuff on this and it will be a lot easier to carry around and you can read books on it as well."
My logic being that she would be bemused by the technology, no matter how many times I explained it to her, so I would get to use it which was the whole idea and which got me some Brownie points at the same time for being so considerate.
Anyway, her friend loaned her a Kindle for a weekend trip that we did and when we got back we went down to the shop and bought her one. When we got back home and I uploaded a few books for her she said to me, "You may as well have this iPad thing now. You'll get more use out of it than I will"
RESULT .... It took a while but the iPad is now officially mine . :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
5teve said:
Update to my original post ......
I don't think anyone will remember this but I bought an iPad 2 and said to my wife, "Here you go, love. You can do all of your computer stuff on this and it will be a lot easier to carry around and you can read books on it as well."
My logic being that she would be bemused by the technology, no matter how many times I explained it to her, so I would get to use it which was the whole idea and which got me some Brownie points at the same time for being so considerate.
Anyway, her friend loaned her a Kindle for a weekend trip that we did and when we got back we went down to the shop and bought her one. When we got back home and I uploaded a few books for her she said to me, "You may as well have this iPad thing now. You'll get more use out of it than I will"
RESULT .... It took a while but the iPad is now officially mine . :)

Nice work!

The Archangel

Limelight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DH got an IPad3 64GB to store job photos to show customers. I wanted his IPad1 to view Adobe podcasts which is 64GB. The 1 was slow and he wanted the fast loading the 3 offers. I deleted his files after he backed them up to his new IPad. I'm happy and he is happy. I have a speaker unit that holds the IPad which allows me to view vertical or horizontal.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

lmarisy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 1 my first apple product and it was a gift from my sister and I'm loving it!!

Louie

Most reactions

Latest posts