What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did you buy your iPad or was it a gift?

Did you buy your iPad or was it a gift?

• I bought my iPad

Votes: 361 66.7%
  • It was a gift

Votes: 180 33.3%

• Total voters

jncbankston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LesleyAnn said:
I bought mine myself. Always wanted one, at least from generation 2 didn't like the look of the first generation the few times I saw one in person, but could never afford one.

Had a small savings plan mature and my Mum convinced me to buy myself one as I was going to save my money 'just in case' rather than spend any real amount. Decided she was right, I only live once and I have been paying into my little plan for a decade before it matured and decided to treat myself to something I had on my 'if I had the money I would definitely buy' wishlist. :thumbs:

Nice..Congrats

Sent from Scooter, my White 32GB iPad, using iPF in Deutschland

ChristianPerello

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just bought my iPad2 two weeks ago at the reduced price. Could not justify the new iPad. And yes I checked the new iPad out.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

bong512

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A gift from my wife, was skeptic at first cause i thought it would be just a waste of money but it turned out to be a business tool (aside from playing games, haha!)

iforsakenu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased my iPad 3 last week as kind of a reward to myself. I graduate from college in December, I just got a great IT job prior to graduating due to my honors & GPA. Besides an awesome toy this bad boy will keep me organized in my educational and work field endeavors. What an awesome piece of technology. Laptop is collecting dust as we speak:)

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchasec my ipad3 after selling the ipad1, which i also purchased new

RIP Steve Jobs 

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got my iPad 1 from my wonderful hubby and then when iPad 3 came along, I gave my eldest daughter iPad 1 and then hubby bought me the new iPad. I love him!!!!

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Gail32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wonderful husband surprised me with a new IPad 3. I went grocery shopping with him and he told me he would meet me later. We went out to the car later and there was a package on my seat and low and behold it was my IPAD WOW!

Yogihughes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried to convince myself that I needed one but couldn't justify it.
Still went out and bought the new one.
Well, if nobody else will spoil me then I'll spoil myself.

fleur07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yogihughes said:
Tried to convince myself that I needed one but couldn't justify it.
Still went out and bought the new one.
Well, if nobody else will spoil me then I'll spoil myself.

I like your thinking!

Last edited:

Fatboy71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My other half bought me the iPad 1 for Christmas, the Christmas before last. I bought the iPad 3 myself.

Most reactions