What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did you buy your iPad or was it a gift?

Did you buy your iPad or was it a gift?

• I bought my iPad

Votes: 361 66.7%
  • It was a gift

Votes: 180 33.3%

• Total voters

johnhyunyoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
p3iii said:
I purchased raffle tickets for the 2010 Annual United Way campaign at my office and won a basket containing a 64GB 3g iPad 1, Apple TV and Verizon MiFi device. :)

Wow!!! That is awesome haha. Congrats :)

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Wow, that's awesome......good for you, a mighty prize!

The Archangel

OH NICE.....

Sent from my Verizon 64GB Black iPad using iPF

iLloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was a gift...

To myself. In which i paid.

Well worth every penny :)

Sent via my Opposable Thumbs

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
It was fiscal year end and I had some vacation days owing. Rather than pay me out I proposed my employer buy an iPad for me.

Worked out for me because if I took cash by the time I paid tax on it I'd barely have enough to get at 16G rig. This way I was able to get a 64G + 3G with enough cabbage left to buy a mag cover and wireless keyboard.

Good for my employer too because an outlay for equipment looks better on the balance sheet.

AA

mr_president

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
It was fiscal year end and I had some vacation days owing. Rather than pay me out I proposed my employer buy an iPad for me.

Worked out for me because if I took cash by the time I paid tax on it I'd barely have enough to get at 16G rig. This way I was able to get a 64G + 3G with enough cabbage left to buy a mag cover and wireless keyboard.

Good for my employer too because an outlay for equipment looks better on the balance sheet.

AA

Well, you must be the smart one in the office. Good job. Sounds like you really came out ahead.

Sent from Mr_President's iPad using iPF. 32GB 3g

mamayaya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.mamayayazone.com
Got mine as a surprise anniversary gift from my hubby! Comes with a special engraved notes on the back of this iPad. Loving it! Was thinking of surprising him back for his birthday this month with an iPad2 3G Wifi.

AntonCartel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd bought mine along w/ getting another as a gift for my gf/ fiancé/ bm/ wifey/ headache [j/k lol]

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

iLloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AntonCartel said:
I'd bought mine along w/ getting another as a gift for my gf/ fiancé/ bm/ wifey/ headache [j/k lol]

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

/sandwich maker/

Sent via my Opposable Thumbs

JewelGarden

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A gift from my wonderful, generous boss for Christmas last year. I almost fainted when I opened the box! Best present ever and a complete surprise.

Never, never, never give up -- Winston Churchill

Most reactions

Latest posts