What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dictation feature

gapman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have used this feature in all my word processing function and find it to be an amazing feature. I have vision problems and this allows me to dictate emails, messages, documents and has made a large change in my life. The combination of dictation, the ability to manipulate the iPad screen and the ability to import and export documents from pages to Microsoft word will allow me to function in ways that would have been impossible before. My greatest appreciation to the Apple Corporation, Steve Jobs and the invention of the iPad 3.

dhevans_6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have to say I used it for the first time today. I was impressed at the speed and relative accuracy.

Still will only do it when on my own for fear of derision!

NRSNicky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my dictation feature all the time. Although ,I have to be careful where I am using it or people start thinking that I'm talking to myself! LOL

altimax98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dhevans_6 said:
Have to say I used it for the first time today. I was impressed at the speed and relative accuracy.

Still will only do it when on my own for fear of derision!

I just used it for the first time... Moderately impressed... Nothing beats the voice to text on android 4.0. With the iPad I felt like I was talking to a machine to get it right, the Nexus I have I can talk to in normal conversation and it's spot on and insanely fast...

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's ok if you talk to yourself. The problems are when you start replying to yourself

JewelGarden

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Love the dictation feature! I can't get over how easy it is to dictate a clear, concise message. It beats typing for quick responses to email or posts to the forum.

dhevans_6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
altimax98 said:
I just used it for the first time... Moderately impressed... Nothing beats the voice to text on android 4.0. With the iPad I felt like I was talking to a machine to get it right, the Nexus I have I can talk to in normal conversation and it's spot on and insanely fast...

Interesting, I've always found my android phones don't like my uk accent..

Anything which saves time is always a good idea.

altimax98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dhevans_6 said:
Interesting, I've always found my android phones don't like my uk accent..

Anything which saves time is always a good idea.

Android 4.0 is much improved over prior versions. I found them unusable as well... But the iPad is handy, I just got spoiled because the android version fills it in as your typing with little/no delay instead of a lag period

geobernd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Comparing the iPad and Android 2.3.x iPad wins hands down... I also love that I can switch to different languages at the push of a button (my birth country in Germany and I have lot's of friends there so I write emails in German etc...) - I really like my Android phone but gave up on the Voice Recoginizion there... On the iPad I rarely type and mostly speak.... Amazing....

Most reactions

Latest posts