What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

diagnostic data

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to delete the incredible amount of diagnostic data create every day or no need to delete

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to delete the incredible amount of diagnostic data create every day or no need to delete
Don't know how to delete data already there but you can tun it off completely by opening Settings, tap Privacy, and choose “Don’t Send” under Diagnostics & Usage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The older diagnostics and usage data is periodically deleted from your device. For example, the oldest crash log on my iphone is from December 29th.

The data cannot be manually deleted from the device itself but only during a sync with iTunes on your computer.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Also, the diagnostic data is text. Despite how long it looks when you view it, it takes up very little space. You can store thousands of pages of text in a few MB.

For reference: Tolstoy's masive War and Peace (1,440 pages in paperback, and well over 500,000 words) is about 3 MB (.txt file without images). *Ref: Wikipedia and the Gutenberg Project.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After viewing all views I understand that no space problem against text data.tks.

Most reactions

Latest posts