What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Denisem

denisem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow! Have been browsing this site and it looks amazing!! Ihave I pad 3 64gb and love it!! Wanting to learn more and sort out any issues. So lovely to see a community of willing helpful people. I use my iPad for browsing the web, email, games,photos and more. Everyone in my house loves it including 2 teenage girls.
At the moment I am having e mail issues. Some say " this message has no content" and then when you click on it, it says " this message has not been downloaded from the server"
Any ideas how I fix
Thanks in advance

OP
D

denisem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Denise

Hi ...mim new to this so hope this is the right spot for my problem. I also put it with my introduction thread but now think that was the wrong place!!!
Any way I have e mail problem where it says " this message has no content" and then if you click on it it says " this message has not been downloaded from the server"
Any ideas how I can fix
Thanks in advance!!

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A strange one this. I had this issue on my iPhone but accessing the same mailboxes from my iPad the 'no content' emails didn't appear. I used the age-old first line solution & reset my iPhone & they disappeared! Have you tried a reset on your iPad?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Have a look down the bottom of the email, does it have a tab that says Download Remaining? If it does just press this to download the rest. Let us know

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

OP
D

denisem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes it has that download remaining at the bottom..... Says 0bytes.... Already tried that. Still no joy but thanks for suggestion

OP
D

denisem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
King Hal said:
A strange one this. I had this issue on my iPhone but accessing the same mailboxes from my iPad the 'no content' emails didn't appear. I used the age-old first line solution & reset my iPhone & they disappeared! Have you tried a reset on your iPad?

Yes have re set several times and sometimes that works. ? DO you think that is something I need to do each time???
I have already been to apple store with different issues and they replaced I pad! Not related to email problem . Am beginning to honk that here at issues that come and go...... Still a great piece of technology!!!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
denisem said:
Yes it has that download remaining at the bottom..... Says 0bytes.... Already tried that. Still no joy but thanks for suggestion

So it's not then downloading if you press this tab?
When an app behaves strangely it is best to close it completely and then relaunch it. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly. Do this step and see if that makes a difference and let us know.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi ...mim new to this so hope this is the right spot for my problem. I also put it with my introduction thread but now think that was the wrong place!!!
Any way I have e mail problem where it says " this message has no content" and then if you click on it it says " this message has not been downloaded from the server"
Any ideas how I can fix
Thanks in advance!!

From the way you describe it, it sounds as if that e-mail is not in the Inbox. Is that the case?

If so, try moving that particular e-mail to the Inbox. Then, the iPad should be able to display it when you tap on it.

Hope that helps. Please let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, these "ghost" emails can't be deleted or moved and have no content. A single reset got rid of the problem permanently. Try deleting the email account and then setting it up again.

OP
D

denisem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
So it's not then downloading if you press this tab?
When an app behaves strangely it is best to close it completely and then relaunch it. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly. Do this step and see if that makes a difference and let us know.

No joy with that. Thanks for trying. It isn't all e mails, just some.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
denisem said:
No joy with that. Thanks for trying. It isn't all e mails, just some.

Well if that hasn't worked try a restart and/or reset and see if these make a difference. The reset I speak of here will not change anything on your iPad and is just like rebooting a PC.

Press and hold the power off button, the one at the top right. You will see a slide appear to power off, slide this and the screen will go dark and a Whirly will appear. When the Whirly disappears your iPad is now off. Press the power button again until the Apple logo appears, this will take a few seconds and your iPad will restart. You should restart your iPad occasionally also as it will keep it running well. Now see if it is operating. If not a rest is in order

Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

Try these and let us know how you go.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Moderator note: I have merged two threads together. Both were dealing with the identical problem.

Denise: In the future, please keep it to one thread per problem or topic. Not only does multiple threads fragment the conversation and make it difficult to follow, it's against our rules. Please stay with this thread for any discussion on this issue. And please don't start another on the same issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn
Moderator, iPadForums.net

Most reactions

Latest posts