What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dell AT&T Sim in my iPad

tayhuck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Dell laptop that came with a sim card in it. The card actually says cingular on it. I took out the card, cut it down, put it in my iPad, and it wouldn't work.

I then went in and copied the settings that were on my laptop into the iPad and bam, I got internet with my laptop card.

After a few months, something happened and it stopped working, always giving me the error, "There is no data remaining on your current plan. Would you like to add more data now?"

When I put the sim back into the laptop, I get internet off it just fine, so there's nothing inherently wrong with the card.

I tried to go confirm settings under General > Network > Cellular Data Network, and there is no Cellular Data Network.

Did AT&T Enable something in the last 3-6 months that prevented me from using this card in the iPad? Is there any way to once again edit the settings and get the card working again?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sort of curious - if you cut the card down to go into the iPad, how were you able to put it back into the laptop again? Did you manage to find a microSIM adaptor somewhere? I'd be interested in a link to where you can get those adaptors from.

Tim
Scotland

Malko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I'm sort of curious - if you cut the card down to go into the iPad, how were you able to put it back into the laptop again? Did you manage to find a microSIM adaptor somewhere? I'd be interested in a link to where you can get those adaptors from.

Tim
Scotland

It exists microsim adapter to convert it into minisim. Personally, I did my own adapter using the big plastic peace supplied around the sim card when you received it.

OP
T

tayhuck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
$1.20 on amazon.com.

Search for Micro Sim Adapter, it's the first link. Apparently I can't post URL links until I reach 3 posts on this site :).

Most reactions