What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting skype history in an iPad Air2

Viinylted

iPF Noob
Reaction score
G'day folks, I'm just a newbie to this forum and to Apple, I was gifted with an iPad Air2 my 80th birthday and am gradually getting the hang of using it, bit by bit.
I have struck a snag when using Skype, as with my laptop & desktop (windows) I have no trouble not keeping/deleting Skype History. I cannot see any way to do this with the iPad... help please.
cheers from Oz ..

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tap "Recent" in Skype, then select "Edit". You'll find a minus sign next to every conversation. Tap the sign to remove one of the conversations. To remove them all, you'll have do this with every conversation.

Hope that helps.

OP
V

Viinylted

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tap "Recent" in Skype, then select "Edit". You'll find a minus sign next to every conversation. Tap the sign to remove one of the conversations. To remove them all, you'll have do this with every conversation.

Hope that helps.
Thanks J.A but no go, tapping the minus sign just slide name to the left exposing a red Close box. Tapping that closes the conversation, but the next time I contact that person all the history is still there sigh..:D

OP
V

Viinylted

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks J.A, I tried what you suggested but sorry no go. When I tape the minus sign all it does is move the name to the left exposing a red stop icon. Pressing that closes the contact, but when reopened all the history is still there.. sigh :(

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, it seems I was missing a few steps.

Start with the procedure as described above (Recent - Edit - minus sign). Tap "Close", then select "History". Press "Edit" again. A red circle should appear. Tap it. Then a red square with "Delete" shoud become visible. Tap that as well.

OP
V

Viinylted

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wheeee thanks J.A. brilliant, it worked a treat, I missed noticing the history bar on the left... tapped and followed your steps and all becomes clear.... thank you very much... from an oldie... :)

Most reactions

Latest posts