What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting Music

sceadugenga

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
dspoverseas.proboards.com
I while back I had a long road trip coming up so downloaded a very large music file from iTunes.

If I delete this now can it be downloaded again at no additional cost?

If not, can I move it to iCloud, if so, how?

(iPad 3)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Anything purchased from iTunes will be available in your iTunes purchase history and can be re-downloaded at no extra charge.

There's only one exception. Sometimes music you've previously purchased from iTunes is removed from the iTunes Store and from your purchase history. That's why I keep a local copy of all my iTunes purchases on an external hard drive. You can then sync them to your iPad anytime you connect to iTunes on your computer.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for that, the local copy is not a bad idea, how do I move it to the new drive from the iPad?

Do you keep your music on a computer in iTunes and/or elsewhere? If so, then it is an easy process to transfer music to an external HD (or even a LARGE USB flash drive or SD card). For myself, I have well over 100 hours of MP3 music on my MBPro laptop (most ripped from CDs but other music downloaded from iTunes, Amazon, and several other sites) - most is organized in iTunes and on my internal HD - about once a week, I do Time Machine & cloning backups of this computer and also as further security my personal files (music, photos, docs, etc.) to an external SSD drive. SO, let us know - if you do not use a computer and iTunes, then other options can be suggested. Dave :)

OP
sceadugenga

sceadugenga

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
dspoverseas.proboards.com
  1. I gave up trying to sync a long time back, I was just too thick to get it to work. I just connect to the PC using the charger cable to load files to the iPad.

hamish05064

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.healthybooklet.com
same trouble arrived with me also but i got really frustated while deleting those since they get failed everytime when i tried to remove them or transfer them to iCloud

Most reactions

Latest posts