What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting iCloud on my iPad2

Yerman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to disable/delete iCloud from my iPad2. Have got as far as trying to log into iCloud but it wont log in. I am using my Apple password.
Appreciate any help before I return to factory settigns :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure why you're trying to delete it? Is this because you can't log in? What error message do you get?

Tim

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yerman said:
Does anyone know how to disable/delete iCloud from my iPad2. Have got as far as trying to log into iCloud but it wont log in. I am using my Apple password.

If you want to get rid of iCloud from the iPad altogether, I believe you go to SETTINGS then find iCloud in the list on the left, tap it then tap the big red button on the bottom of the right side of the screen that says "delete acount". You will also see slider buttons for content synced to iCloud. You can "disable" iCloud wirhout deleting thenacount on the ipad by un-selecting all of the items in that list.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

KIMDBQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can not use ICLOUD now that I have it on my IPAD2 since my Windows Vista version is too old. I do not have an IPhone or IPod. If I delete the account, will I lost any of the apps or things on my IPAD that will be a problem. Thank you!!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi KimDBQ - welcome to the forum! :)

You need to clarify some issues, e.g. I don't understand your statement on 'my Windows VISTA version is too old'? I use a laptop w/ VISTA to run iTunes (updated to 10.5 version) which updated my iPad to iOS5, so please explain the issues w/ iTunes & VISTA?

Concerning iCloud, the options are to store your information 'in the cloud' or continue to use iTunes as before - the two do not seem compatible to do both - so what option do you prefer and can the forum help you w/ this issue? If you go into settings on your iPad and then select iCloud, there are plenty of choices there to disable this feature w/o deleting your Apple account - please again advise as to your desires; hope this helps - post back your concerns & good luck! :)

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score

You must set up your iCloud account by going to www.icloud.com and entering your iTunes user ID and password. You should then be able to log into iCloud. You cannot delete iCoud from your iPad it is part of the OS, until you set it up it is not active and is already "disabled"

KIMDBQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your response Giradman. I really don't know what I'm doing!........so I think I panic that I did something wrong! Although I did update my IPAD and think that is complete. But now I just don't know if I will really use ICLOUD to share documents etc with my IPAD and laptop, so I wondered if I really need it on the IPAD. What I am really want most is to be able to sync without hooking up my IPAD to computer. SO maybe everything is like it should be and I'll learn more about ICLOUD as I go. I think I have the newest version of ITUNES on my PC. (Vista) I really need to learn more about ITUNES but if you have any advice for me that you think would help, I'd appreciate it!!

Most reactions

Latest posts