What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delete photo

Rob Skelly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I want to delete individual photos from the "photo" app, I cannot seem to find how to do this and would appreciate some advice,

Cheers Rob.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Touch the arrow top right of the screen, then touch each photo you want to delete, then touch delete at top left.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

OP
R

Rob Skelly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Touch the arrow top right of the screen, then touch each photo you want to delete, then touch delete at top left.

Hi Kevin,

I did as you said and the delete button was there in red but was not active and pressing it did nothing, did I possibly miss something?

Cheers Rob

OP
R

Rob Skelly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Kevin,

What is the difference, advantages / disadvantages of Photo and Photo Stream?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Rob Skelly said:
Hi Kevin,

I did as you said and the delete button was there in red but was not active and pressing it did nothing, did I possibly miss something?

Cheers Rob

The delete button should light up first time you select a picture. I don't use photostream, because I'm led to believe it syncs photographs across devices and I keep my camera roll on the iPad for other stuff

OP
R

Rob Skelly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Kevin,

Did as you said, but only the "copy" and "share" button light up but the delete button does does not light up, I have the original iPad.

Cheers Rob.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't know about this then. Do you have photostream turned on? I hear that can make a difference, though I never used it.

I seem to remember reading that you cannot delete individual images. You can only delete the whole lot by turning photostream off. I also heard that iOs5.1 was supposed to address this and allow deletion of individual images.

OP
R

Rob Skelly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Kevin,

Ok Photo Stream was switched on, so I went to switch it off but it wanted to delete all my photos. I saved all the photos I wanted to keep to the photo folder and then switched photo stream off. I went back in photo and selected the arrow top right corner which then highlighted the share and copy buttons but not the delete button so still cannot delete individual photos, any other ideas lol?

Cheers Rob.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Rob - not sure that I can help, but please look at the 4th post in THIS THREAD - you need to indicate from which areas in the native Photo App you are trying to delete images - e.g. will not work in those albums that were added to the iPad from an iTunes sync; the other options are explained.

However, if you are trying to delete from areas that permit this action, e.g. Camera Roll, and still not having success, then 'force close' the app - double tap the home button (or use multi-fingering gesturing, swipe up), find the Photo icon, press and hold until all jiggle, close out the Photo app by pressing the minus sign; return to the home screen and try again; if that fails, then try to 'Restart' and/or 'Reset' the iPad - good luck! :)

OP
R

Rob Skelly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Giradman,

When opening the Photo's App there are 4 tabs, photos, albums, events, places. When touching the Photo's album I can access all my photo"s but there are some I want to delete and this s my dilemma. Although I may have synced it with a Mac we previously had I am unable to do this now as we both have iPads.

Cheers Rob

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Short of erasing everything on your iPad I don't know of any way to delete a synced album from the iPad without a computer. You can probably find a substitute for iTunes, but that will also need a computer to run on.

I think your best option would be a borrowed computer and one of the iTunes alternatives; sorry, I don't remember the names of any of them, but a Google search should turn up a few. Be sure to check the features to make sure they will sync/remove photos from the albums.

Most reactions

Latest posts