What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delete Key

ziffos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But there is - top right hand key with a X in it.

Or if you want a keyboard with a key that actually says "delete" then get yourself a bluetooth keyboard especially one like the Zagg Solo.

mlaurencg4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You actually have two options:

1) as ziffos explained, top right hand key on keyboard

OR

2) place fingertip ( or stylus) on word(s) you wish to delete until You see magnification and cursor pulsing, then let go. Now you can choose to SELECT - this option then presents you with two blue dragging points at either end of the selected text string. Dragging either of these reveals a magnification of where you are placing the highlight at each side of your selected string. Then you can CUT, COPY or PASTE.

OP
M

mePad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, but that "x" just deletes backspace. I want a key that deletes forward. I guess any heavy-duty typing will call for my laptop.

I find the "touch-select" feature cumbersome.

No big deal. Still a great product. Can't be everything to everyone.

mlaurencg4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Perhaps you would be advantaged by a keyboard - I use Apple Wireless and the keyboard shortcuts work!

OP
M

mePad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I've considered a keyboard. Right now I just resort to the laptop if it's a lot of editing.

Most reactions

Latest posts