What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a left arrow and/or right arrow when typing

Compiler777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The x arrow key in upper right corner of the keypad is like a backspace, deleting letters to the left. I would like to be able to move the cursor right or left without deleting anything. Is there a way to do this VIA THE KEYPAD?

Mel

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, there is not.

There may be a way on jailbroken machines, but not the stock one. The facility exists when using a BlueTooth Apple keyboard, as well as up and down arrows.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Compiler777 said:
The x arrow key in upper right corner of the keypad is like a backspace, deleting letters to the left. I would like to be able to move the cursor right or left without deleting anything. Is there a way to do this VIA THE KEYPAD?

Mel

If by keypad you mean the on screen keyboard, then no. There is no way to do if from the keypad. Sorry to say :(

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you tap and hold on the text a magnifying glass will apear. When it does you can drag the cursor anywhere you want.

Or, if you just tap between words, the cursor will go there.

OP
C

Compiler777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Yes, I did mean the on screen keypad. I'm surprised they do not have that feature. Maybe in a future upgrade.

But thanks for the heads up on the magnifying glass. That works surprisingly well

OP
C

Compiler777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Compiler777 said:
Thanks for the info. Yes, I did mean the on screen keypad. I'm surprised they do not have that feature. Maybe in a future upgrade.

But thanks for the heads up on the magnifying glass. That works surprisingly well

Mel

Last edited:

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
If you tap and hold on the text a magnifying glass will apear. When it does you can drag the cursor anywhere you want.

Or, if you just tap between words, the cursor will go there.

Thanks for the trick. Helps a lot.

Most reactions