What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

delete ibook

rhealey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have epub books I imported by iTunes into my iPad. I can uncheck them in iTunes so they don't show up on the iPad; I want to delete them from iTunes. How do I manage that?

Takenover83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you go to

iTunes>Edit>Preferences>General
Once there, make sure Book's is checked. Then you should have it on your left side in iTunes and can delete it there with a simple right click.

OP
R

rhealey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now I can delete

It makes sense to check books in iTunes general prefs, and I didn't see it. Thanks for the heads-up.

firestarter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a problem. Every time I sync my iPad to my iTunes, it automatically deletes all my epubs and pdf's from iBooks. What may be the problem?

I'm on iOS 4.3.3

update: actually, it's also doing with my my songs as well...

update 2: I feel like a dork, I forgot to put it on manual :p fixed

Last edited:

The_Eck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How to restore accidentally deleted epub and pdf books?

I had over a hundred epub and pdf books and manuscripts on my iPad. I then tried out something that printed a PDF to iTunes. I went to iTunes to load it onto my iPad as it hadn't automatically synched it. I went to the Books tab in itunes and clicked Synch Books. Of course I got the warning messages but since I was going to click on "selected books" I htought that perhaps the existing stuff wouldn't be touched.

Alas, all my previously-loaded stuff was gone when I went to look on my iPad.

How do I recover the files and music? Are these data files backed up on my Mac?

I have and iPad 2 running 4.3.3. and a Mac Mini.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Tod

beavery

iPF Noob
Reaction score
firestarter said:
I got a problem. Every time I sync my iPad to my iTunes, it automatically deletes all my epubs and pdf's from iBooks. What may be the problem?

I'm on iOS 4.3.3

How did you fix this? With mine it still tries to sync even with manual on. I would love to get my ebooks on here, but I don't want to lose the ones I have downloaded straight to the iPad.

firestarter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You probably have it still syncing from the iBooks tab.

1. Make sure "Manually manage music and videos" is checked.
2. on the top, you'll see a selection ranging from (Summary, info, apps, music, movies, tv shows, podcasts, books, and photos). Click the books tab and make sure the syncing in there is unchecked.

I posted a screenshot below.

di-YRBQ.jpg

firestarter said:

I'm on iOS 4.3.3

How did you fix this? With mine it still tries to sync even with manual on. I would love to get my ebooks on here, but I don't want to lose the ones I have downloaded straight to the iPad.

Most reactions