What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deactivating "use my contacts" in game center?

Boom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question as above. Does anyone know if it possible to deactivate the supposed recommendation option in game center which looks to your contacts app to generate further friends recommendations. It looks like this

"Use my contacts" upload your contacts to get more personalised friend recommendations.

Unless I am wrong if you select this, whilst not only making friend recommendations, what it also seems to do is also share ALL your existing GC friends and their GC friends details (aka real names) to those who you are connected to in GC.

There seems to be no way to turn this off!!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't know about the Contacts themselves, but:

Tap your Account name on the Me tab and choose View Account. After you enter your password you'll see a few options. One of them is Public Profile. As long as this is OFF no one but those you actually friend can see you profile, including your actual name. All anyone else sees is your nickname.

It also prevents you from being recommended to other people as a friend. I suspect that turning on Contacts will automatically make you public, but maybe not, and it should be reversible.

Last edited:

Most reactions