What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DC Comics Arrives on iPad

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

DC Comics is about to join Marvel by launching its own free iPad, iPhone and iPod touch app today, as well as having its own DC Comics-branded storefront in the "Comics by comiXology" app for the Apple devices. To celebrate the launch, DC Comics is offering a free 10-page preview of the 700th issue of Superman available through both platforms, to coincide with the issue going on sale in comic book stores. The 10-page story is a prelude to writer J. Michael Straczynski and artist Eddy Barrows' highly anticipated "Grounded" storyline that will be published in Superman and will examine how Superman sees America and how America sees Superman.

"At DC Comics, it has been a top priority for me that DC forges a meaningful, forward-looking digital strategy," said Jim Lee, Co-Publisher, DC Comics. "As both a comic book creator and Co-Publisher, it was incredibly important that our plan includes not only creator incentive payments, but also an innovative component that supports comic shop owners. We see digital as an opportunity to grow our entire business."

Source: ComiXology

<object width="400" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zd-Evfo03r4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zd-Evfo03r4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="385"></embed></object>​

iPadHole

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipadhole.com
I wonder if these will be popular on the iPad. I always enjoyed reading comics as a kid but I don't know if it will have the same appeal on the iPad.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wonder if old comics would be available. I haven't read any since the 80s, but I wouldn't mind some of the titles I used to have being available in digital form.

Most reactions

Latest posts